Hey, all you Great Scotts readers! I’m struggling with a question in my current MS (manuscript, for the non-publishing world), and could use your help. From all the comments on this post, I’ll choose one random person who’ll win a $15 gift certificate to either Amazon or Borders, winner’s choice.
So, what are the rules, you ask? I just need your opinion! I’m going back and forth with my MS as to whether to keep it erotic or lower the explicitness to hot. There are many, many reasons I’m having this conundrum, but regardless of the reasons, I’d like to see your opinion on the two.
1. What is the percentage of books from NY (I only stipulate this because that’s what I’m targeting) you buy that are erotic? Hot romances? Sweet romances?
2. I hear that some readers are embarrassed to buy an erotic romance from the store. Do the covers of erotic romances turn you away (again, not talking Changeling here, think NY), or do you just love the sexy bodies on many of the covers?
3. Do you, after reading erotic romances, find yourself bored with general romance?
4. Do you flip back and forth between erotic and general romances without a problem?
5. Have you NEVER read an erotic romance and never plan to? Any reason why?
6. Any other thoughts about the two that I haven’t asked?
So, for your chance to win a $15 GC to either Amazon or Borders, post your opinions! Winner will be chosen next Friday, September 28.