This week, since it was so slow at work, I managed 3801 words, which for me is great. I have to wonder when the time will be that I’ll write 10,000 a week like some of the other authors, but I’m very content in what I did.
Archive for July, 2007
1423. Blah, blah. I don’t feel like writing and I don’t want to talk about it. SIGH.
Thirteen Reasons I Need to Finish My Book
1. I’m almost halfway through. If I don’t finish, I would have spent 6 months of my life with nothing to show for it.
2. To get these characters out of my head.
3. So I can write the next book about the hero’s brother. Who’s just as yummy. Providing the first one sells and I don’t have to start another series.
4. So I can then write the THIRD book with this hero’s sister. Providing the first AND second ones sell.
5. I joined the 70 Days of Sweat SPECIFICALLY TO finish the book.
6. Fame and fortune. *snicker*
7. To get an agent.
8. To SELL it to NY!!!!
9. To prove to myself that I can actually do it.
10. To sell it to NY, of course.
11. Perhaps I’ll figure out a title once I finish it. *grumble*
12. So when people ask me how far I am, I can say DONE! Woot!
13. And oh, did I mention to sell it to NY? *g*
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
So the last post was a bit on the negative side, and generally I’m not a negative person, so I’m going to change the mood!
Yesterday I wrote over 1500 words. When I have a daily goal of 500, this is an amazing feat! I want to try for as much today, as I’m working closer and closer to hitting 50% of the book! I’m so close I can taste it, and I need to work my ass off to get there.
So that’s what I’m doing. 🙂
I did my Wednesday check-in on Alison Kent’s blog. Have you done yours yet?
Good luck to everyone, and get those words in!
You know when you find something out and it pisses you off and you just need to vent? You know when you find out someone is badmouthing you or a friend or your editor or your publisher or a fellow writer (or all the above) and you just want to comment saying that’s not TRUE, you’re LYING? And you can’t, because you need to stay professional at all times, even though they aren’t?
Well, that’s one of those days for me. I’m not saying who did it, I’m not saying who it was against, and there won’t be a comment on his or her site, but I saw it. I know it’s there. And I’m not happy.
I knew it was coming, should have expected it months ago. But seriously, dude. Grow the f*ck up and learn how to deal with your disgraces in a less public manner.
Sigh. Calming down now. On a positive note, I wrote over 800 words last night, and want to surpass that today. How’s everyone else coming along with their 70 Days of Sweat?
So, I was gone all day yesterday, so I wasn’t able to update you all on my
lack of progress. This week I managed to get 2710 words, which was under my 3000 word weekly goal, but real life really got in the way. I won’t make excuses, I’ll just say that I’m really going to push this week to get more.
I know other writers post excerpts or just snippets of their WIP, but as is this my first baby, I’m not quite up to that comfort level yet. But hopefully as some point I’ll regale you all with bits of my tale. 🙂